Thursday, October 20, 2011

I'm BAAA-aaaaack!

Dearest distinguished chicks and dudes,

My sincerest apologies for being off the radar all summer. Some of you may read that and think, "All summer? Giiiiirl, you were gone for over six months!" To which my reply would be, "I live in Georgia, it IS Summer for six months."

A few quick reminders: MKBBF = the love of my life
MKBDad = my dad
Seamus = my chocolate lab
Sasha = my kettlebell
Tabata = interval training protocol 10 seconds rest followed by 20 seconds **MAXIMUM EFFORT** for eight to ten rounds of the same exercise. A block of 8-10 rounds is a set. Between each set of different exercises is a 10 second rest.

When I say I Tabata-ed sit ups, dead lifts, and jump lunges, it means I did 8 10:20 rounds of sit ups, rested for 10 seconds, then 8 10:20 rounds of dead lifts, rested for 10 seconds and 8 10:20 rounds of jump lunges.

**MAXIMUM EFFORT = By round 5 or 6 if you're not muscle failing in the exercises where it is safe to do so, you're not going hard enough. Period.**

Okay, back to me. I trained pretty hard this summer with my workout schedule looking something like this:

Monday - 20 minute jog with Seamus (my chocolate lab for those of you who are new or have forgotten) followed by 3 sets of Tabatas - I picked three things and did them
Tuesday - West Cobb Chiropractic Warehouse Workouts - weekly, long, brutal workouts designed by Dr. Fred Roberto, a Wellness Advisory Council doctor. The man is an animal, and I have never been around a group of more driven people in my life.
Wednesday - usually spent half of Wednesdays trying to get down my stairs after getting rocked so hard on Tuesday.
Thursday - ran either a) 5.5 miles of hills on a trail at Kennesaw Mountain, or b) straight up the damn thing - a mile up and a mile and a half back down the other side. Took the brown pig regardless.
Friday - isometric workout - usually pulsing squats or pulsing half pistols - some pilates work - lots of planks - arm and back sculpting. Focused more on burn and less on gasping for air.
Saturday - short vintage body weight BodyRock challenges
Sunday - 100 pushups for time.

Am having to get back in to the home work out thing because it's getting cold out and I hate that cold weather bloody throat taste thing. UGH. Oh, and the warehouse is out of commission for the next little while. SAD TIMES!

So I'll be back with you through the colder months at least (since I have some extra time).

Without further ado today's workout: Crossfit Angie Tabata style.
My Scores:
Pull Ups (had to do some of them as jumping pull ups to maintain intensity) -51 total - 8,8,7,7,6,6,5,4
Push Ups (strict military) - 64 total - 17,10,9,7,5 (muscle failed),6,5 (muscle failed),5
Squats (tops of thighs parallel with ground, pushing through heels, driving with hips) - 111 total - 18,15,15,14,14,12 (muscle failed),12,11
Sit Ups (legs bent, feet NOT tucked into anything, reps where feet not planted on the ground not counted) - 86 total - 14,11,11,11,10,10,9,10

Will update you on my life, share some pictures etc. tomorrow. For now, get your asses to the gym and beat my scores!

ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment