Saturday, March 12, 2011

7:30 am on Saturday is inhumane.

Hey guys!

As the title of my post indicates, I woke up at 7:30 am today. Why, you ask? I have no bloody idea.

Maybe it was my excitement over a beautiful gift I received yesterday. MKBqMIL (quasi Mother In Law - little q because she really feels like part of my family already :D) sent us a care package. Inside: an Athleta magazine, 2 boxes of girl scout cookies for MKBBF (which, oddly don't look all that appealing to me these days?), and a GORGEOUS. GORGEOUS French Connection top for me.

Here are a few photos - the coloring of the shirt is like the first photo in real life - the photo of the back doesn't do the sheen of the fabric or the life of the navy background any justice.




On top of everything else, I also have a qMIL with a keen fashion sense, and heightened generosity (it was a "just because" gift - I almost started weeping - seriously). This top is not like anything I would ever pick out for myself, but I absolutely LOVE it. Those are my favorite kind of gifts (tied with those that are very practical). Tried it on and it fits properly, and draws a fair bit of attention to my arm muscles haha. And it has SPARKLES! on it. So awesome.

Now down to business. The workout of the day is:

Halo of Sweat Workout (revisited)
Half Pistol and Interval Skipping Challenge
For the second half of this workout Zuzana said you can split the half pistols up any which way you like. I'm going to split mine with the rope skipping.

6 reps (each leg) of 5 pulse half pistols - each set of 5 pulses to stand up counts as 1 rep
8 rounds of 10 seconds rest 20 seconds jump roping (4 minutes)
The whole thing x5 rounds. This challenge is not for time, it's for form. Half pistols will burn you out even without going fast.

The total will be 30 reps of 5 pulse half pistols each leg and 20 minutes of jumping intervals.

ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment