Friday, March 11, 2011

Been busy and have LOTS of news!

Hey everyone!

Long time, no see. Sincerest apologies for my garbagey blogging attempts lately. Turns out these entries take more time than I thought.

I have also admittedly been less than committed to my home workouts. FOR. SHAME.

I have been going climbing though and I did spend the earlier part of this week on the road, which made it difficult.

BIG NEWS 1:

I GOT A NEW CAR! I am not really one for a flashy car. Or flashy anything. My favorite cars are ones that look totally normal on the outside and are knock your socks off nice on the inside. My first car (the one I drove until about 4 days ago) was a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Limited. So from the outside looked like your generic All American box on wheels, but inside had a killer two tone leather interior and a good deal of wood panelling.

I wanted the same general idea for my new car - a nice but not flashy car with a great interior, switch to a manual transmission, and better gas mileage. Those parameters along with the necessity of AWD landed me in Subaru Outback territory. Unfortunately, finding a Subaru Outback Limited with a manual transmission that is NOT turbo (premium gas? no thanks) and less than 55K miles (I like to keep cars for 10 years) is next to impossible. But I did. The downside was that my dad and I had to drive all the way to East Texas to pick it up and then drive it all the way home (which I, realistically was happy to do :) ). Moral of the story is, my dad is easily the most generous person I know with both money and time and willingness to involve himself in what could have been a logistical nightmare.

Turned out not to be a nightmare. And the car is beautiful. My favorite parts are: how smoothly it runs, leather seats with seat warmers, and an EPIC sunroof. The car itself is also really big, 18 inches longer than my Jeep, but to drive it is more like a Honda. It has a great balance of agile handling and cushy suspension. Also, because the space behind the back seat is so huge, both dogs can be back there behind the partition comfortably without my having to deal with them tromping all over the seats. Win!

Here are a few photos:

Drivers Side

Radio controls and such.

Front seat from the other side.

Sunroof goes all the way over the backseat. Awesome. With the roof closed and the cover open, it feels like driving outside, except it's quiet and peaceful :).

Blocked MKBDad's face out because I didn't ask his permission to put it on here. Oh, and yes. It was overcast. And yes, my eyes are pale blue. So yes, I was squinting in the photo like a 5 year old :).

So jazzed here, so thumbs up photo of me in drivers seat HAD to happen. Again, squinting. And asymmetrically, too hah.


BIG NEWS 2:

I GOT A JOB! I got a job doing marketing and community outreach at one of the largest chiropractic practices in the state of Georgia. I start next week and I could not be more excited to combine my existing skill(z) with the message of wholesome/natural wellness. WOOHOO!

The workout for today is the one I set out to do in my last post but never completed, because MKBBF and I decided to go climbing last minute instead.

As a refresher:
The Trainer Who Loved Me Workout (revisited)
Then:
5 rounds of 10 seconds rest 20 seconds maximum effort skipping
50 Sasha Swings for time
x2 rounds

So I've got: a staggeringly generous dad, a loving boyfriend, 2 smooshy face dogs, a sweet car, a job that means something to me, and academic success.

Damn. I am SO. Lucky.


ROCK!

*******UPDATE*******
I completed The Trainer Who Loved Me workout in 27:37 with all unmodified exercises and pushups. The first time I did this workout took 33:43.

SWEET

No comments:

Post a Comment