Sunday, January 23, 2011

And on the seventh day . . .

She got off her (recovered) tush!

Workout 1: Break Free Workout + 2 rounds of 5 1 minute intervals of jumping

Workout 2: Yesterday's Mini Challenge I didn't complete because I took a rest day. As a reminder:

20 pull ups, 30 Sasha swings (challenge: snap your hips so powerfully the bell comes above shoulder height), 30 Sasha cleans each arm, 50 leg raises on pull up bar all for time + 2 rounds of 5 1 minute intervals of jumping.

Once I finish the first workout I'll be making flax seed pancakes. The recipe is:

1 cup flax seed meal - I grind flax seeds in my Vita-Mix because the cheapest way to get them is whole at DeKalb Farmers Market
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp baking soda (not paleo - optional - this just makes the pancakes fluffy)
1 egg white
1 egg with yolk
2 tbsp raw honey
2 tbsp coconut milk
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp water

Makes 4 6 in. pancakes.

The mixture should have the same viscosity as regular pancake batter so if you need to add a little bit more water go ahead. I don't use oil to cook my pancakes because I have killer Kitchen-Aid nonstick cookware so I don't need it. If you are using stainless steel don't be afraid of using oil. These pancakes are harder to flip than regular ones, and on stainless without oil you won't stand a prayer of not butchering them. I know - I've tried :). I ended up with flax seed pancake chunklings. Yummy, but not exactly what I'd planned.

I only ever make this much batter because having only one thing for breakfast is NOT balanced. McKettlebelle BF would prefer me to make double every time, but I insist that pancakes are not breakfast, they are part of breakfast. So we'll have a few boiled egg whites, a bit of avocado, and an orange with our pancakes to make it filling and nutritionally complete. I love Sunday "breakfast". Even if it is at 2:00 pm.

Rock!

*******UPDATE*******

Workout 1: Break Free Workout

Backward Lunge and Kick Up:
1) 16, 15.5, 15, 14.5, 15, 14
2) 16, 16, 16, 16, 15, 15
Sandbag Full Body Exercise:
1) 32
2) 31

Workout 2 time: 14:21

And the pancakes were DELICIOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment