Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lands End Canvas Purchases & Friday Double Header

Hey everyone! Just wanted to share a small victory with you. I found a company that makes clothes I can actually wear. HOLY shit moly! Lands End Canvas actually makes clothes that fit those of us with narrow hips and athletic shoulders!!! *Happy dance*. They also make REAL zeros which is nice because ones literally fall off of my no hipped self, as do faux zeros. Okay, stop rolling your eyes :). Everyone I know has frustrations about buying clothing that fits their body properly. My frustration is that everything literally falls off or hangs off of my 12 year old boy frame lifelessly.

Anyway, I just discovered Lands End Canvas recently, and given that their clothes fit me "off the rack" (that is, I don't have to alter them) it was VERY exciting! The clothes are reasonably priced, and when I consider the fact I don't have to alter the stuff or pay a tailor to do the complicated stuff I get there they're downright inexpensive. I have been diligent with the BodyRocking and BodyRock style workouts since mid-November so I got really excited when I saw bathing suits were on sale. It was a treat for my past efforts and an inspiration to keep going and shut that lazy Brutus up :). I came away with three bathing suits. I got this top in Black, Deep Sea, and Turquoise. Then I got this bottom in Black and Turquoise, and this one in Deep Sea. Original total: $192.00 plus tax and shipping ~$200.00. What I paid: ~$46.00. Then they had this extra 40% off sale which started the next day. Ahhh Murphy's Law. But over 75% off is nothing to sneeze at, so I'm happy.

Oh, and once I found out about the super sale I got these boots too :P. I ordered them at the Lands End store in Sears on Roswell Rd. so I didn't have to pay shipping and it was during the extra 40% off sale so they were ~$25.00 with tax. Down from $98.00 plus $8.00 shipping. SWEET!

~$61.00 is more than I ever spend on myself since I am a penny pincher all the way to the bank. Ask anyone. Seriously. It's kind of ridiculous. BUT I figured - my bikini from last summer just doesn't look right anymore. I don't fill out the top AT all, and the bottom is black and white so I can still wear it with my new top. Did I mention it was from Victoria's Secret and was $90.00? So I figured by finding a bathing suit that fit (a rarity) and buying 3 at over 75% off I've just saved myself the horror of spending money on bathing suits for a few years :). Oh, and the boots? Well, I had been gawking at them when they were full price, but I decided to save the hundred bucks and wait until the 10" Maine Hunting Shoe Bean Boot is available again on March 10 and pick those up instead. I'm big into functional clothing, and who doesn't love the classic Bean Boot. I mean, really. But when I saw the heels were on sale for $25.00 and I don't HAVE a pair of closed toe heels of any kind, I decided they were too good to pass up. Oh, and since I paid my tuition on my LLBean Visa (which I then paid off the next day because this girl does NOT do credit card debt or paying interest), I have about $30.00 in LLBean coupons. So I got the heels, and I'll be able to pick up the Bean Boots too for roughly the same original price of either. Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?? :D

Okay, business time now. Friday is a two workout day. The first is more of an exercise challenge leg burnout/cardio routine than a whole body muscle pain gasping for air trying not to barf workout.

Workout 1:
Sexy Legs Exercise Challenge

Workout 2: Ab Annihilator Version 1.5

Round 1:
20 Sasha Sit-ups (or you can do it with a sandbag - the idea is exactly the same)
2 min plank
50 sec Side V Crunch (Right side up) (side v crunch exercise is at minute 4:30 in the video in the link)
50 sec Side Plank Lift (Left side up)
Round 2: same as Round 1 but Side V Crunch with Left side up and Side Plank Lift with Right side up.
Round 3:
20 Sasha Sit-ups
50 sec V-up
50 sec Push Throughs (minute 6:00 of the video) In the push throughs your abs get no break = you are just pulsing the contraction - if it doesn't hurt relatively quickly focus on using your abs to get the pulse and not other accessory muscles.

Eh, decided to take out the push presses and continue with the Ab Annihilation. I'll be doing 100 ab rollers. If you don't have an ab roller (kind of a bizarre little piece of equipment) do 100 extra V-ups.

Time the whole thing :).

Rock!

*******UPDATE*******
Workout 1: Sexy Legs Exercise Challenge Scores:
1) Lunge L: 86
2) High Knees: 70,68,71,65,60,67,66,67,69,65
3) Lunge R: 90
4) High Knees: 74,69,66,70,67,67,69,70,68,67
5) Lunge L: 100
6) High Knees: 73,70,69,65,66,66,64,67,65,71
7) Lunge R: 96

Total Lunges: 372
Total High Knees: 2031

Awesome workout to get the day started :D.

*******UPDATE 2*******
Here are my scores for Workout 2: Ab Annihilator
2 min plank: completed
1) Side V-Crunch (Left side up) 32
1) Side Plank Up (Right side up) 23
2 min plank: Failed after 55 sec took 10 second break and another 55 sec plank.
2) Side V-Crunch (Right side up) 30
2) Side Plank Up (Left side up) 24
2 min plank: Same as round 2.
3) V-Ups 29
3) Push Throughs 51

Total time for workout including 60 total Sasha Sit-Ups and 100 Ab Rollers:
29:03.

No comments:

Post a Comment