Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thursday Workout!

I am posting this workout a bit early, as it is not Thursday yet. It is short - 300 weighted squats for time. You can do the weighted part however you want. I'm going to do it with a 25 lb plate, but you can do it with a backpack full of books too. Remember to keep your back straight and stick your butt out - keep your knees behind your toes!

Then we're doing 20 minutes of jump roping. If you want to do 5 rounds of 4 minutes and break it up with a short round of some push ups or crunches in between, it might help it go faster. I get pretty damn bored jump jump jump jump jumping. Gross. BUT! The jump dancing and the breaking it up with other exercises are a good way to change it up from day to day :).

My second workout will be 1000 bicycles for time.

Will update with results as I complete the workouts :)

Rock!
Mac

*******UPDATE*******

Time for 300 weighted squat challenge: 22:12.

This was an all around destroyer for me. My grip, shoulders, low back, and my legs were ablaze after 80. And I still had 220 to go. This workout is one of those that will make you mentally TOUGH! Climbing a mountain of several hundred reps of one thing and completing it brings me a sense of calm satisfaction I don't get from any other source. And given the fact I feel calm pretty much never, I really enjoy the post workout feeling from this type of grueling physical/mental challenge. Try it out, I'd love to know how you feel when you're done :).

Oh, and one other thing - the jumping for 20 minutes was not happening after these squats - so later I'm mashing up the bicycles with the jumping. 5 minutes of jumping 250 bicycles - 4 rounds. Bicycles are timed :).

*******UPDATE 2*******

So I did the 4 rounds of 5 minutes of jumping using my Gymboss interval timer set for 5 rounds of 1 minute back to back. I did 1 min of shadow jump roping 1 min of super high knees 1 min alternating 1 footed jumping 1 min of shadow jumping 1 min of jumping jacks for a total of 5 minutes. Then I did the bicycles. Then 5 more minutes of jumping using those 1 min intervals. And so on and so forth. My times for the 4 rounds of 250 bicycles were:
1)1:43
2)1:52
3)1:53
4)1:50

AAAND I'm spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment