Wednesday, January 26, 2011

At noon the week will be half over!

Hey everyone! So today's first workout is bodyweight only and comes from Zuzana and Freddy over at BodyRock.tv.

Workout 1:
Ready to Sweat Workout

Workout 2:
100 squat pulses w/25 lb plate (similar to the lunge pulses we did yesterday, but this time with feet in squat position and without the jumping)
2 minute plank
2 minute wall sit
3 rounds

Then 10 rounds of 30 one footed jumps on each leg while doing speed bag arm movement.

Remember, you can load up a duffel bag with heavy stuff and hold it over your shoulders if you don't have weight plates or a barbell :).

Time the whole thing. Some of it you can't control because 12 minutes are already blocked out for you. Racing the clock is the easiest way to make sure you maintain the intensity in your workouts :).

Rock!

*******UPDATE*******

Workout 1: Ready to Sweat Workout Scores
1) 17
2) 70,60,60,62,62,62,59,57 (I did high knees without the rope)
3) 12
4) 71,68,69,69,68,65,69,67
5) 12.5 (the .5 is the pushups I completed but I didn't get to the low jacks before time ran out)

Workout totals: 70 pushups
152 squat variation exercise reps
1003 high knees

All in 20 minutes. Now THAT is efficiency. Put one up for high intensity intervals! Heyyooo!!!!

*******UPDATE 2*******
I completed all 3 planks without rest or form break, which is huge for me. My legs were the main burn zone, which is new. I'm sure my abs were burning too, but I only really felt it in my legs because of the 100 squat pulse burnout. I've done six minutes of planks in a workout twice before, but since then I've attempted it and muscle failed. Which is cute because when you muscle fail in a plank you fall on your face. Literally. Fortunately my upper arms aren't very long :).

The wall sits were a destroyer after the squat pulses and the plank. I did not complete any of the 2 minutes without muscle failure. Again, fortunately my legs aren't that long and muscle failing on a wall sit means you plonk on your butt. I do a lot of squats - so my tail is pretty well padded, if you know what I mean hahah. Here's what happened for each 2 minute attempt. The first number is how many seconds I was able to hold the wall sit, the second is the rest I took.

Wall Sit:Rest

1) 48:10. 30:10. 22 sec sit to finish interval
2) 30:10. 29:10. 27:3. 11 sec sit to finish interval
3) 32:10. 26:10. 25:5. 12 sec sit to finish interval.

Total time to complete workout from beginning to end including the 10 rounds of 30 jumps on each leg:

23:20

And my legs are fried. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment