Sunday, January 23, 2011

What if I say that I'll NEVER surrender?!

Hey everyone! I have to admit I have been having some SERIOUS motivation issues today (Sunday). But you know what? I finished. BOTH workouts. So FLOCK you Brutus! I'm not giving in to your nonsense you slothy bitch!

Ah, that feels better.

Monday/tomorrow's workouts are both bodyweight only so there's no reason to try one or both of them!

Workout 1: Push Back - Exercise Challenge

I realize looking at 300 reps of anything except maybe blinks is pretty daunting, so if you're new to working out like this just try to do 150 as quickly as possible and with good form. If you're not totally totally wiped out at the end, keep going. Remember, the benefits of working out are not just physical. In fact, for me it's a fringe benefit. It's about gaining and maintaining mental toughness, tenacity and pushing your body beyond what your mind thinks it can do.

Then jump for 20 minutes. Anyway you want.

Workout 2: Pike Press Challenge

Then jump for 20 minutes freestyle.

If you do both workouts - do 10 minutes of jumping after each one instead of 20. 40 minutes of jumping in a day is a) BORING and b) a lot of non functional pounding and joint stress.

Also, I'm going to start posting Paleo recipes and such, so that those of you who are curious can get an idea of just how easy it is to eat FOOD.

Rock!

*******UPDATE*******
Workout 1: Push Back Exercise Challenge
Time: 13:18

For the jumping I alternated 1 minute of shadow roping with 1 minute of jumping jacks x 5 rounds.

Workout 2: Pike Press Exercise Challenge
95 reps

I had eaten like an hour before, so 10 minutes of jumping without barfing wasn't happening so I broke it up a little. I did:

1 min of Sasha Rows
1 min of Jumping Jacks
1 min of High Knees
1 min of Shadow Roping
1 min of Straight Leg Reverse Crunches
x 2 rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment