Monday, January 17, 2011

HELLO!!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to get a quick first post up to tell you all what I hope to accomplish with this blog. Then I'll post the workout or link to the workout for the day. I do a lot of the workouts from BodyRock.tv and if I post the workout directly here it will affect that site's traffic negatively.

Ideally I'd like this to be a kind of meeting place for anyone embarking on or continuing their wellness journey (so please leave comments!!!!!!!). I am less concerned with whether or not you ENJOY the exercise, and more concerned with your energy level, vitality, and the things standing between you and having more of both. Realistically, when I started the style of the workouts I will be posting here, I did not ENJOY them, and even now some days getting off my ass can be a real soul suck. The joy comes from the mental, emotional, (very very very lastly) physical results of pushing my mind and body to do things I never knew they could. I submit that's what the joy will be for you too.

The other main character in this blog will be my kettlebell, Sasha. I chose the name because it has the same country of origin as the k-bell (Russia) and means "defender of mankind". He weighs 35lb/16kg/1pood. Rather than specify this every time, I will refer to the exercises as "Sasha Swings" "Sasha Cleans" etc.

Today's workout: Swimming In My Own Sweat Workout. Rather than use a light sandbag and doing one arm swings, I'm doing standard Sasha Swings. I'll update later with my time. You should try the workout - improvise if you need to - fill up a backpack with some books and get after it! Having "proper" equipment is NOT necessary to get a great workout :D.

I'll fill you in on my own wellness journey to this point in my next post.

Rock!

*******UPDATE*******
Time: 19:05

Last time I did this workout I did it in reverse. This time I went down the mountain, last time I went up the mountain. My up the mountain time was 19:47. 42 seconds less this time for the same total reps. 150 burpees, 100 Sasha swings.

No comments:

Post a Comment