Sunday, January 30, 2011

And on the seventh day . . .

She reattempted workout 2 from the sixth day!

Hey everyone! So this post is coming at you bright and early on this Sunday morning. MKBBF's body is dropping the hammer on some pesto and veggies he ate yesterday, so I woke up at 5:00am to the various sounds of his stomach saying "no sir!" So I came to, and had the immediate visceral response of a stomach ache, worry, and helplessness. :(. He likes to get this saute from Harry's one day a week or so for lunch. The thing is it makes him sick to his stomach. Every. Single. Time. Nothing like this usually - but always some kind of pain involved. I submit when you eat clean all the time, your body forgets how to process TONS of fat (side note: most pesto is healthy - but the pesto they use in this saute is at least 70% oil and they put two big scoops in the veggies - ugh turns my stomach to think about). I haven't been able to eat high fat foods without SEVERE consequences for a couple of years now, and my conjecture is that's what's happening with MKBBF.

Anyway, today is a one workout day because, frankly, I'm starting to feel mentally and physically burnt out. I'm going to scale it back to one workout for a few days and then ramp it back up again probably Thursday :). The thing is, when I'm only doing one workout, you can believe it is going to be bad and burny and dirty and epic.

Workout of the Day:
-20 hanging leg raises
-5 pull ups
-10 75 lb squats
-20 burpees
-1 min jumping jacks, 1 minute shadow roping, 1 minute legs far apart jumping, 1 minute one foot hopping/high knees combo from yesterday
x5 rounds for time.

Alright, I'm going to see if I can't get back to bed for a while. Hopefully things will calm down around here soon.

Rock!

*******UPDATE*******
This workout was a destroyer of worlds. To rack the bar on my traps to do the back squats safely I had to clean it and then push press it. After having just milked my grip doing pull ups and hanging leg raises. Not fun. And after having it grinding down on my traps for a minute while I completed the squats - using those muscles to push press it back up front so I could put it down was also a challenge.

Anyway my time for this workout was:
46:30

25 pull ups 100 leg raises 100 burpees 50 75 lb squats and all interspersed with 20 minutes of jumping. Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment