Saturday, January 29, 2011

Chiropractic Widow Saturday - Part 1

Hey everyone! MKBBF is going to be at chiropractic board review today from 8-5, so I'm going to do two workouts, make some more headway on rebuilding my LLBean Corduroy Blazer (seriously a size four at LLBean is a size ten everywhere else - so this is an epic tailoring job), and maybe harass my dad for a little while :).

Workout 1:
Hot Body Beach Workout

Followed by the following jumping intervals:
1 min jumping jacks
1 min shadow roping
1 min 10 foot hops on one leg alternating
1 min high knees
1 min shadow roping
x4 rounds

Workout 2:
20 strict pull ups
50 75 lb back squats
100 burpees

Again, if you're using a 25 or 30 lb bag or backpack for the back squats, double the reps and really hit it for speed. It will be a crazy effective burn if you push it, either way :). Note: Don't WEAR the backpack - shrink the straps up all the way and hold it with your hands behind your head. I guess I never mentioned that before, but if you wear the backpack you have to bend your back forward to compensate for the weight hanging off of it. Proper squat form absolutely requires a straight back (they call it maintaining the lumbar curve in the tutorial video - same thing) to avoid injury and get the most effective workout. It can be done if the weight is up higher, but if it's hanging off of your low back, you'll burn it out. Which is bad.

Anyway, do those exercises for time :).

Rock!

*******UPDATE*******
My scores for workout 1:
1)Knee Tucks (L) 16/14 (R) 14/14
Happy Monkey 5/5
2)Knee Tucks (L) 17/15 (R) 16/15
Happy Monkey 5/5

2 Commando Push Up/Roll Over/10x Mountain Climbers
1)7.5
2)6.5
3)7.5
*the .5 is when I finished the 2 push-ups but didn't make it to the mountain climbers.

1) Jump Lunge 25/20/18
Diamond Runner Push-Up 8/8/8
2) Jump Lunge 27/18/20
Diamond Runner Push-Up 9/8/8

Then I did the jumping. Instead of doing high knees and then alternating jumping on one foot as two separate intervals, I combined them into 1 two minute interval. The rhythm was
left foot hop
right foot hop
left foot hop
right foot hop
left high knee
right high knee
left high knee
right high knee

Basically, 2 hops on each leg to 2 high knees on each leg. I made sure to keep my heel glued to my butt when doing the one foot hops to get a little back of the leg burn happening :).

Annnnd I'm done!

*******UPDATE 2 *******
I did the 20 Pull-Ups and on my 8th squat my left hip popped, and this stabbing pain shot all the way down the outside of my leg to my foot. Considering I had already done a bunch of lunges and squats today, I took that as my sign to back off. I'm going to attempt this workout again tomorrow, when the first workout isn't so leg/butt exercise heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment