Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Rainy Tuesday :D

Hey everyone! So I'm one of those odd ball types that really prefers rainy days to sun shiny ones. My mind is always redlining so I appreciate the calming effect the weather has on both myself and the people around me. Makes for a globally more mellow environment and mitigates my chronically anxious head space.

Fortunately today is delightfully grey. The perfect day to crank out a couple of good workouts then drink some tea while doing work.

This morning I did the CrossFit workout called Fran. I attempted it a few nights ago (with 65 lbs), but I had smoked myself out pretty well on the first workout of the day, and Fran is not to be taken lightly (or put behind another grueling workout), so I couldn't finish. There was just a lot of clicking and popping happening in my shoulder joints - more than I'm comfortable with.

The workout is 21 reps of thrusters then 21 reps of pullups. Repeat with a round of 15 of each and then a round of 9 of each. The whole thing for time. The "benchmark" uses 95lbs for women to use doing thrusters and 135lbs for men. I'm not quite to benchmark status yet so I used 70 lbs. Go here: watch the pros do it in under 3 minutes - it took me 28:00. BUT I FINISHED. And it is a mental battle - so on that front - I won. As far as the time? Eh, I only need to reduce it by about 800 percent hahaha.

Anyway, I do all my workouts at home and I have one of those door jam pullup bars. It is great but I can't do kipping pull-ups which make this take FOREVER. Strict pullups are not my favorite- I find the limiting factor to be my grip strength. I'm much more used to the dynamic motion of the butterfly kipping pullup. Anyway, my arms and grip are smoked and I suspect my arse will be feeling it too in a little while.

Second workout of the day is just to break up some of that lactic acid in the legs and give the abs a little attention. 4 minutes of moderate pace jump roping and 100 bicycles - 5 rounds. If you don't have a jump rope then just jump. Vary the moves - you can do jacks or scissors or high knees - whatever you want - just make sure you're jumping and getting a little air every time and your arms are moving a little too. Put a sweat band on - put on some 80's tunes and jam out Richard Simmons style for the 4 minutes if you want. Have fun with it - just get moving!!

xoxo
Mac

PS - I haven't forgotten to post my own journey to this point, or WHY I started this blog, but those are both heavily involved (and long) posts, so I'll get to them when I have more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment