Monday, January 24, 2011

Chicken Picadillo Recipe

I wanted to share a quick recipe with you all. It is one of my favorites from the Paleo Cookbooks MKB-BF (my boyfriend) painstakingly assembled from 2 different several hundred page PDF print outs. Easily one of the best "us" gifts I've ever gotten.

Anyway - the recipe in the book is in cups - but I find that to be a pretty annoying way to cook. So here's the recipe I use which is easier to follow.

1 green bell pepper - chopped
1 small red onion (or half of a huge one) - chopped
1 chicken breast (~.4 to .5 lb) - chopped into bite size pieces
9 prunes - sliced
15 pitted olives - chopped
1 - 14 oz can (organic no salt or sugar or spice added) diced tomatoes - drained of liquid
1/4 tsp ground clove or 7-8 whole cloves smashed

Throw first two ingredients into a pan with about a tbsp of olive oil. You can also use 2 tbsp water if you prefer. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook until chicken is not pink on the outside. Add everything else and simmer on medium or medium low for 5 - 10 more minutes. Get a fork :).

No comments:

Post a Comment