Sunday, February 13, 2011

And on the seventh day . . . she worked out soreness.

Hey everyone! After this weeks ridiculous series of grueling workouts, I am taking today off. By off I mean, I'm doing 8 minute abs, 10 minutes of jumping, 8 minute buns, 10 more minutes of jumping, 8 minute legs.

Okay, so not exactly off. But close. The 8 minute series gives a good (brief) burn but is NOTHING like a BodyRock workout. So I'm gonna mix it up to get a little baby pump working and get my heart rate up for a while.

This morning I did one of my Secret Single Behaviors. Which is kind of a misnomer since I'm not single, and once you all read this, it won't be a secret. I polished my every day sterling silver jewelry (the old kind - no rhodium crap here). I really like classic, well made, sterling jewelry. I don't like trends or cheaply made "costume" anything - I'm pretty rigid about that. I like the pieces I wear to be solid, durable, and look just as appropriate now and into the future as the day I acquired them. Here's the list of things I wear every day:

1) small claddagh on my right pinkie - MKBDad bought it for me in Dublin when we went a few summers back
2) 16" chain necklace without a pendant - I got the necklace Porte 4 in Old Port in Portland, ME *FAVE*. You can see a little bit of it at the link - but they didn't have any photos of just the chain.
3) 7" round medium link bracelet - without a charm - no played out hearts or Return to Tiffany gross branding gimmickry - just a solid well made bracelet :)
4) oval bangle with twisted rope trim - monogrammed in interlocking script MCA - would love to snag the matching round earrings for summer. They're classic, and I don't want to have to get my diamond studs cleaned every 3 days because of the sweat and general summer grime that cakes on at warp speed.

Note: I also wear my UVA class ring and the studs in my ears daily. But those aren't silver, so they're not part of the polishing extravaganza - although I did clean my earrings by soaking them in warm water with one drop of dish soap for 10 minutes and then drying them with an old glasses cloth.

Nothing makes me more content than freshly polished sterling. It seems ridiculous, and it is a bit time consuming if done properly. It's one of those small pleasures I have to earn, which then makes it just that much better when I'm wearing the finished products, and they can be seen shining from space.

Okay, enough about that - if I talk about jewelry too much longer, you're going to see my ovaries from the outside and . . . no one wants that.

Tonight MKBBF and I are going to see one of our favorite musical acts at Eddie's Attic in Decatur. They're a husband and wife duo - Drew and Ellie Holcomb. The music is kind of folksy, quasi - country (the non cheesy kind), and the vocals have a raw quality to them that we both really enjoy. The venue is small, more of a listening room type of atmosphere and they serve food so you can eat dinner while watching the show. We've seen them before at Eddies, and it was awesometown. I'm sure tonight will be no different :).

ROCK!

*******UPDATE*******

As it turned out, Drew and Ellie were sold out. Ah. Mazing.

So MKBBF and I went to Whole Foods and watched the latest episode of Californication instead. I had a Happy Plate for breakfast and was pretty jazzed that the change in plans allowed for a mostly raw dinner in the form of a Big Ass Salad. Tonight's Big Ass Salad featured:

Rocket
Grape Tomatoes
Green Bell Pepper
Onion
Carrot
Chicken Breast
3 boiled eggs

Topped with Avocado Lime Dressing:
1/2 avocado
3-4 tbsp lime juice
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 big cloves of garlic
Put ingredients into Magic Bullet until creamy. Pour over salad. Mix. (I refuse to say toss because we're all idiots, and if I'm thinking what I'm thinking, you are too.)

As usual I put all the stuff into one huge metal mixing bowl and MKBBF and I take our forks to a common bowl. Sure, it's a little undignified, but if you saw how much salad we're talking about here you'd agree there really isn't another option . . . save getting another workout in by jumping over the dog gate to the kitchen 30 times to refill a normal sized bowl. F that.

No comments:

Post a Comment