Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday is my Friday

Hey everyone! First thing's first. It's MKBLittleBrother's Birthday today!!!!!! Happy 18th birthday Valdezie. I always wanted a younger sibling and you are everything I could have hoped and dreamed for and so much more. I hope you have a fantastic day and don't get slapped by any strippers on your inaugural trip into one of those sleezy places. Better yet, avoid them and save your money to buy . . . pretty much anything else :). I LOVE YOU!

PS - Holy hell. My little brother is legal. I think I just had a heart attack.

Anyway, Thursday is my Friday so I'm going to do two workouts today to amp up the momentum for the weekend. I have my teeny bikini's hanging up in my closet so every time I go to pick out clothes I get a little bit of motivation to workout. Today I'm having a bit of a hard time getting started, so I hung it up on the door where I can always see it. It's working - so after I finish this I'm going to hit it :).

Workout 1: Hot Warrior Workout
1 min jumping jacks
1 min shadow roping
5 rounds
8 minute abs
1 min jacks to mini straddle jump
1 min shadow roping

Workout 2:
10 100 lb dead lifts
10 pull-ups
10 Sasha Swings
x 5 rounds

As always we're racing the clock so time these!

Also, I think I'm going to bite the bullet and purchase the Dip Station Zuzana uses in her workouts. I have been using bar stools to do the exercises for 3 months now, and I think I'm ready to commit the hundred bucks and do the exercises exactly the way she does.

Oh, and the car dealer in Charleston we had arranged to pick up the Subaru Outback from? Sold the car out from under us. Sleezebag.

ROCK!

*******UPDATE*******
Workout 1: Hot Warrior Workout (old scores are in parentheses)
Lunge Forward & Backward and Sandbag lift - I used 25 lb bar for these (18 lb sandbag before)
L - 20/12/13 -45 total (18/14/14 -46 total)
R - 15/12/11 -38 total (14/11/11 -36 total)
Core Splits 19/20/20 -59 total (18/16/16 -50 total)
Dynamo Push-Up 16/14/14 -44 total (15/12/13 -40 total)
Sleeping Crab (I did these wrong the first time I did the workout - didn't realize you're supposed to lay all the way back down each rep)
L - 13/13/14 (Zuzana's score: 13/13/13)
R - 12/13/14 (Zuzana's score: 14/11/12)

Pretty proud of this improvement. I stayed right with my old number of reps for the Lunges and I used 7 more pounds of weight. I did 9 more reps of Core Splits, 4 more reps of Dynamo Push - Ups, and beat Zuzie in the Sleeping Crab Exercise. SWEET!

I wound up doing jumping jacks for both the first set of jumping intervals and the second - primarily because I forgot I had said I was going to do the jump mini straddles. OOPS!

I did write down my reps for today, because I haven't in awhile. The jumping is just supposed to be at moderate pace - not super intense - the point is just to keep the heart rate up and get a good sweat working :).
Round 1 - 66/66/65/66/66
Round 2 - 68/67/70/65/67

Total: 650 + 16. You can do the math - I'm not writing that number on my blog :).

For whatever reason I usually do more jacks in the second round. Maybe it's because those fast twitch fibres are activated from the first round. No idea.

Workout 2: MKB Deadlift Grip Challenge -
Time: 18:48

Can't believe I finished this one - after the end of the second round of deadlifts I almost tapped out - then switched mentality from racing to finishing the workout at an even tempo and minimizing rests even if just to do a single.

Hands and forearms: firebombed.

No comments:

Post a Comment