Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pitiful blogging week!

Hey everyone!

Sorry for being MIA for the last few days, life has thrown me kind of a huge curveball. I'll just say I have a very small highly localized cluster of abnormally dividing cells. The doctor said in 90% of cases it's totally reversable and the immune system squashes it. But I'm not messing around with it. I'm going to kill it mother fucking DEAD. So I'm having to really turn my life on it's head by sleeping A LOT. RELAXING. And last but certainly not least, super alkalizing my diet and upping my intake of anti-oxidants. Abnormally dividing cells can't survive in a pH above 8, so the goal is to eat foods that have a net alkaline effect on the blood and cut those which have a net acidic effect.

Basically, I am having to go to an end point on the continuum of healthy eating and cut out all of my favorite treats. Things that are alkaline are raw fruits and veggies, some cooked fruits and veggies, coconut milk and oil, flax seed and flaxseed oil, and almonds. Meats, any other high fat food (nuts/oils) besides the ones I just listed, fish, and COFFEE all cause the blood to be more acidic. Egg whites and shellfish are the least acid causing sources of protein so I'll have my three egg whites every day, and maybe a few scallops or shrimp here and there.

The thing that sucks the most is the coffee and the lack of bananas. Switching from yummy flavorful organic super dark roast black coffee to plain GREEN TEA is just not okay. I have to use three tea bags and let them steep for 5 minutes to make it taste like anything at all! BLECH. But it's full of anti-oxidants so I'll be choking that down once a day indefinitely. Bananas are indeed a fruit I'd eat raw and they are alkalizing, but they are also SUPER high on the glycemic index scale. Seems like it'd be a net of zero by contributing a good thing to the blood alkalinity, but giving the bad cells the sugar they feed on. So I'm skipping them for now.

Okay, so onto the workouts I've been doing. I got the news Wednesday, and had already done my workout, but I spent the better part of the day off and on sobbing.

Thursday I woke up and EVERYTHING hurt. Especially my head. And knees. And chest. And stomach. And eyes. Okay, so everything especially hurt hah. That is what acute stress will do. MKBBF ordered me to relax and drink some tea and take the day off from exercise since I had pretty clearly already put my body through the ringer. I obliged, guiltily.

The thing is, the guilt of not working out did not outweigh the potential injury I faced if I had half- assed it and done the exercises with poor form. Also, it was a good opportunity to allow my knees to right themselves. Going on Injured Reserve and being out for two weeks would have put a much greater damper on my training than allowing myself the rest day.

For the next couple of weeks I'm going to take it easy, and get back to the first workout strategy I used when I started to get in really good shape and see excellent results.

Short. SUPER Intense. Interval. Workouts. Did I mention short? They're short.

Here's what I did yesterday:
Survivor Workout
20 rounds of 10 seconds rest 20 seconds maximum effort jump roping.
Total time: 25 minutes

Survivor Workout Score:
Backward Lunge and Kick Up
L) 27/25
R) 25/25
1 Arm Press Up
11/12
2 Kick Ups and Breakdance Push Up
7/7
Pike Jump and Squat Jump
9/9
One Leg Squat and Jump Tuck Max Reps in 5 minutes:
40

Today I did:
10 rounds of 10 seconds rest 20 seconds max effort jump roping
On The Floor Abs Challenge
10 rounds of 10 seconds rest 20 seconds max effort jump roping
20 In Outs, 20 Squats, 20 Lunge Pulses (each leg) x5 rounds for time.

Scores:
On the Floor Abs Challenge: 8 sets - 160 mountain climbers 160 leg raise to toe touch
Time Challenge: 8:24

Total Workout Time: 26:24

Okay, hope you guys are all doing well, I'll be back on the daily wagon tomorrow.

ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment