Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tired Thursday

Hey everyone! For whatever reason I'm absolutely wiped out today. Yesterdays double header did a number on my muscles and there isn't a single thing on me that isn't sore. I'm gonna take a short nap, do my first workout of the day, and then get my Biochem II exam grade at 3 o'clock.

Workout 1: Hot Mess Workout

Workout 2: Ab Annihilator + Jumping Intervals - same Ab Annihilator as before - click on the label at the bottom for the post which has all the videos of the exercises. This is just a list - a refresher if you will :).

Remember: all exercises except the planks are MAX REPS FOR TIME. That means you should really be pouring on. It's only 50 seconds between rests. You can do it!

2 min plank
50 second side plank ups right side up
50 second side v crunch left side up
2 min plank
50 second side plank ups left side up
50 second side v crunch right side up
2 min plank
50 second v ups
50 second push throughs

Set your timer for 2 intervals one 10 seconds one 20 seconds and 20 rounds. You'll do 20 seconds of high knees for five rounds, then switch to jumping jacks for five rounds, then back to high knees for five , then back to jacks for the last five. Write down your reps :).

ROCK!

*******UPDATE*******

Zuzie, are you KIDDING me. Hot Mess was indeed just that. There was nothing hot about me once I finished except my core temperature. This workout really took it out of me. I used my 25 lb barbell with 2.5 lbs on each side for a total of 30 lbs. Doesn't sound like a whole lot but after about 15 military press and back lunges as fast as I could, the old upper back and delts started to take a real beating.

The totals for each exercise were:
100 Get Ups
160 30 lb Military Press (strict - not a push press) and Backward Lunge
120 30 lb Front Squat
30 Burpees
80 1 Straight Leg Crunches

My time: 37:17.

So proud of myself for finishing. The way the workout was arranged in kind of a pyramid was very mentally challenging. Had I calculated the totals before I did the workout, I may have had an even rougher time. This workout was just brutal all the way around. A total body hammer down.

*******UPDATE 2*******
My scores for Workout 2: Ab Annihilator + Jumping Intervals
Previous bests are in parentheses.

Part 1:
2 min plank: complete no break
Side Plank Up - (left side up) - 32 (32)
Side V Crunch - (right side up) - 29 (23) !
2 min plank: complete no break
Side Plank Up - (right side up) - 28 (30)
Side V Crunch - (left side up) - 31 (24) !
2 min plank: complete no break (had to push up on to extended arms for a bit though - my right shoulder was a bit burny from the military presses from Workout 1)
V Ups - 27 (29)
Push Throughs - 54 (51)

Part 2:
High Knees 73/59/57/58/57
Jumping Jacks 27/29/27/27/28
High Knees 70/67/65/62/63
Jumping Jacks 29/28/28/28/29

Total High Knees: 631
Total Jumping Jacks: 280

I'm pretty encouraged by my performance in this part of the workout. I did more overall reps of the ab exercises than I ever have before. My core is getting strong very quickly, which is exciting. I found the limiting factor in the side plank ups to be the fact that my supporting arm kept burning out after around 15 reps or so. As for the jumping, I did a few more high knees than usual which was surprising since my right foot periodically decided to say Hello, so I just tried to keep it on an even tempo and stay light on my feet. Now, I'm absolutely done done done. Two grueling two a days in a row. I deserve a one workout day and an epic "quiet stretching" session. Will post tomorrow's workout in the morning, and more about this "quiet stretching" madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment