Friday, February 04, 2011

I'm unwell! Boooooo

So I didn't get to yesterdays workouts and I'm not sure I'll get to them today either. I'd love to write a sonnet about how crappy I feel, but I'm too exhausted for that.

Ah, to be in the sweet grips of adrenal fatigue.

*******UPDATE*******

Without going into too much detail, I've been REALLY stressed for the last 36 hours. As in can't seem to stop crying, have feelings of the world falling down around my ears etc. This emotional turmoil has left me in a LOT of physical pain from a burny stomach and no appetite to swollen stingy eyes. Then all of that stopped, and I became listless. Not even sad anymore, not angry, not human.

When something hurts physically like a stubbed toe the natural response is to move somehow. I usually drop the F bomb and sit on my butt and rock back and forth. Same thing with most headaches I get - I usually rock or sway or move somehow. Then it occurred to me, if movement is magic for physical pain, maybe it could alleviate my emotional pain as well. So you know what I did? Workout 1 from yesterday. I wiped the floor with myself, and you know what?

I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER!

Then I had a Big Ass Salad with herb greens, red bell pepper, cucumber, tomato, carrot, onion, a few raisins, egg and chicken breast. For the dressing I used the juice of a lemon, about a quarter cup of olive oil and 2 hefty cloves of garlic and Magic Bullet-ed it together. Usually when I do a BAS, I put it in a huge metal bowl and MKBBF and I eat right from the bowl, as was the case tonight.

I also made pumpkin soup which is really tough. 1 can of organic pumpkin, 3/4 cup organic chicken stock. Heat. Eat.

Rock!

1 comment:

  1. That a girl! When i'm depressed ill eat a shit ton of food and hula hoop my worries away : ) Music+movement=happy!

    ReplyDelete