Sunday, February 06, 2011

Superfit Sunday! And another BIG first.

Hey everybody! First off:

Happy Birthday to MKBMom! The best mom in the world. Best. And nothing else needs to be said, because everyone that knows her can fill in the blanks with superlatives :). I love you Mom!!!!



I never updated last night's post with my scores from the Marine Corps Workout because I realized I had left my flocking Gymboss at my Dad's place. BOOOOO HISSSS!!!! And, if we're being honest - 150 half pistols on each leg and 840 Jumping Jacks did a number on my legs/right hip/right foot.

Anyhow, MKBDad came over early this afternoon and dropped it off for me, so I was able to complete the workout tonight.

Had a great evening down in Buckhead with MKBBF. We pretty much did our normal Sunday routine, except there was no church because of the SuperBowl. They had a 9:00 and an 11:00, but MKBBF was in Board Review until 3:00 so those were a no go. So we'll watch the sermon online tomorrow once the latest message is up :). We went to Caribou Coffee and then got salads at Whole Foods. Then we did something a bit unusual for us. We had the dogs in the car, so we took a leisurely drive around West Paces Ferry area. We spend a lot of time around there, but hardly ever stop to smell the roses. And the dogs hanging their beaks out of the windows to take in the fresh night air made my heart very happy. Then instead of jumping on 75N we took Northside Dr. home, which is possibly my favorite road in all of Atlanta. It was peaceful and quiet (except the panting) and relaxing and amazing. Then we got home and . . .

*Drum roll*

BIG FIRST! MKBBF did the workout with me! And finished! He modified a few things because his hip is a little jacked so he has to tread lightly on some of the stuff. He did an amazing job though, and I'm so proud that he finished this workout because it was a REAL mind suck. During the very few intervals where he had to, you know, breathe, he was a really great cheerleader :).

In the last two days I have had my first high intensity interval workouts with both my Dad and MKBBF. I feel so lucky that I am able to help them gain and maintain functional strength and heath, and that they are willing participants :). It is my sincerest hope that I can get everyone around me working out this way. You can get in the best health of your life in 25 minutes a day, if you train properly.

Anyway, here are my scores for the Marine Corps Workout:

Round 1

Part 1
Sandbag Squats (R)14/12 2) 11/8
Plank Jump Push-Up 8/8/7/6 2) 8/7/6/6
Sandbag Squats (L) 11/9 2) 9/7

Part 2
Time Challenge:
1) 3:34

Part 3
Sandbag Mini Squats (R) 26/21
Supergirl Push-Ups 8/8/7/7
Sandbag Mini Squats (L) 25/22

Round 2

Part 1
Sandbag Squats (R) 11/8
Plank Jump Push-Up 8/7/6/6
Sandbag Squats (L) 9/7

Part 2
Time Challenge:
1) 3:34 (same as the first round! after both of these I absolutely wanted to curl up into a ball and suck water until the end of time :) )

Part 3
Sandbag Mini Squats (R) 26/18
Supergirl Push-Ups 8/8/7/8
Sandbag Mini Squats (L) 25/24

Today was one of the happiest days in recent memory. I'll spare you the barf inducing details, so I'll say it plainly. I'm in love :D.

ROCK!

1 comment:

  1. For all you carnivores ... http://www.eatwild.com/index.html ... ENJOY!!!

    ReplyDelete