Saturday, February 05, 2011

Chiropractic Widow Saturday Part 2: Big First!

Hey everyone! So MKBBF had board review at school again all day until 5:00PM. I took the opportunity to get in some QT with MKBDad. i.e. my hero. We went out to breakfast at J. Christopher's - a favorite of ours - got a couple of egg white omelettes and some coffee :). Then we headed back to his place and did some real estate and car research and generally goofed around. After a while our food had settled and I was feeling the itch to get moving. Since he normally hikes 3-4 miles every morning, and hadn't yet by that point in the day, I invited him to do the Legs on Fire Exercise Challenge with me.

It was our first non strict cardio workout together - our first Tandem BodyRock session! He modified the challenge a bit doing two legged squats instead of one leg - but still that's 300 squats! With proper form! Good grief! During the 20 second jumping intervals we did jumping jacks and averaged 21 jacks per interval. Since there were 5 rounds of 8 intervals - we did roughly 840 jumping jacks.

I am SO proud of him! To conquer an epic workout like this one out of the gate is HUGE.

Conclusion: My Dad is Superman.

I'll also be conquering this beast of a workout later on tonight:

Marine Corps Workout

I'll post my scores when I finish :).

ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment