Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's the end of the week as we know it - and I feel fine.

Hey everybody! Today is a glorious. Glorious. Glorious. One. Workout. DAY! So really give this one EVERY thing you have. It's only 30 minutes long. To put that amount of time in perspective - in half an hour a typical home dryer will barely have your load of towels half dry :). So - MAKE IT COUNT!

Workout of the Day: Touch It Exercise Challenge

I'm also going to do 20-30 minutes of "quiet stretching". I won't be posting how I do my stretching because it's not a routine. I just like to sink into my body and move what needs moving or feels right to move and release whatever energy is bound up inside my muscle tension. Sounds like some new agey magic crystals energetics bizarro world hippie bollocks, but I swear it makes a huge difference in my mood. I'm not a yoga girl. Sitting still-ish and trying to squash the thoughts which are constantly milling around 1000 miles an hour in my brain is very, very stressful for me. I'm WAY too type A for that, so the whole mental flat line exercise is kind of self defeating. Becoming Zero just isn't my bag, baby.

However, I felt like a needed to "quiet stretch" a few weeks ago, and since there's no harm in movement, I did. It isn't so much about a mental vacuum as it is about focusing 100% on what I am experiencing physically. It's pretty amazing to feel how my heart beats, what a big belly full of air does to my ribs and back, and how my muscles quiver at first and then stretch little by little. All of those things AT THE SAME TIME. Things I would never have noticed had I not taken time to simply observe. Pretty EFFING cool, dudes. Try it if you want, or don't. Whatever tickles your pickle. But I'm treating myself to 20-30 minutes of rocking, swaying, bending and stretching it out on this fine Friday :), and I'm stoked!

*******UPDATE*******

I completed 38 sets of the 2 low jump forward 2 low jump backward 10 sumo side high knee combo in 10 minutes. Zuzie completed 41. Some days I catch her, some days I don't. But the competition is a great motivator :D.

Then for the 20 minutes of jumping I did:
1 min shadow roping
1 min one foot alternating
1 min alternating leg low side kicks with jump to switch the leg
1 min shadow roping
1 min legs far far apart - a bit further apart than sumo squat distance - but no squat - just using the calves and front of the legs to get you off of the ground.
x4 rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment