Monday, February 14, 2011

Hallmark Monday!

*******EDITED*******
Hey everyone! It's that day again. The day when girls with (bad) boyfriends who don't appreciate them every other day of the year get flowers and candy. Fortunately, MKBBF is great with the appreciation all year. In fact, I can honestly say I don't know anyone more thoughtful than he is.

This afternoon two random girls in my Biochem class were talking today about "what love is". So I thought I'd share the most recent manifestation of love in my life. My next car is going to be a 5spd - this is relevant I promise. I've wanted one for a long time, and through a variety of circumstances it is coming to fruition in the near future (obvious manifestation of love/extreme generosity: dad buying me a Subaru Outback :D). Trouble is: I haven't driven a 5spd since last summer, and that was only on the flat flat highways of Wyoming and Mississippi. Read: where it's just like an automatic once you get into 5th and are cruising. Before that I hadn't driven one since high school. So I'm relearning how to drive a bit before I get my new car a) so I can get it home and b) so I have enough know how to practice safely. Here's where the love comes in.

Love is: your boyfriend patiently teaching you how to drive a 5 spd, on hills, in Atlanta, on HIS car in such a way that you don't lose your mind and he doesn't lose his. Awesome.

You can keep the mystery franken sweets and the 2 days from dead roses, and I'll take "our kind of love" any day :).

I'm not a super mushy girl, so I enjoy the fact that he's not worried about a weird and contrived "holiday". I'd rather hang out on the couch with a homemade paleo dinner watching Away We Go wearing one of his sweat shirts than dealing with oppressive romance and overdosing on pinks and reds.

BodyRock is not doing any workout today at all - but I feel ready to go after yesterdays light effort.

Without further ado- todays workout:

Set timer for 32 sets of 10 seconds rest 20 seconds effort. You'll do 20 seconds of each exercise and four rounds of the whole thing for 16 total minutes of part 1.

Part 1: Look Good In Your Jeans Workout
50 lb back squats
50 lb squat pulses
Mountain Climber Sprints
Triceps Push Ups
Mountain Climber Sprints
Jump Lunges
Low Lunge Pulses (L)
Low Lunge Pulses (R)
X4 rounds.

Part 2:
Same jumping intervals as yesterday - 2 rounds

Part 3: 8 minute abs - link in yesterdays post

Part 4:
Same as part 2.

ROCK!

*******UPDATE*******

Back Squats 12/7/6/5
Back Squat Pulse 15/18/18/20
Mtn Climber Sprint 53/44/40/43
Triceps Push Ups 13/12/14/14
Mtn Climber Sprint 50/40/46/42
Jump Lunges 15/13/13/13
Lunge Pulses: no score - the object is just to keep doing little pops and finish the entire interval- not to go super fast.

I finished all the jumping and the 8 min abs without stopping sooooo yay for that. The 8 minute abs are SUCH a burnout. I think I'm going to incorporate them into my daily routine for a while. I'll let you know how it goes :).

No comments:

Post a Comment