Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Work it out Wednesday

Hey everybody!

Woke up this morning stoked on yesterday's victory and ready to push it for an intense workout.

My Scores:
Quantum of Sweat Workout (old scores in parentheses)
1 leg skipping L - 49/34 (39/26)
Roll Over Commando Push Up - 8/9 (7/8)
1 leg skipping R - 55/41 (39/34)
Low Rope Jack - 26/26 (23/25)
Reverse Push Up and Kick Up - 16/16 (17/16)
Low Rope Jack - 27/28 (21/25)
Reverse Push Up and Kick Up - 16/14 (15/12)

No Fear Exercise Challenge Score:
46

Then I did 8 minute abs.

Then MKBBF and I headed to J. Christopher's for some omelette action :).

I have a biochem test that gets out at 4:30 so I'll be doing one workout and cramming for that beast.

Workout of the Day:
Quantum of Sweat Workout
No Fear Exercise Challenge
Ab Annihilator

Also, I am on day 16 of being totally sugar free (of natural sweeteners no honey no maple syrup etc. - still eat all the fresh organic fruit and veggies I want) and table salt free. By that I mean I haven't added salt to food for cooking or after it's been prepared as a seasoning - for over two weeks! This may not seem like a big deal, but I'm from Texas, remember that.

I started to realize I was plateauing in my efforts to clean up my diet, and was missing two HUGE parts - natural sugar is STILL sugar, and salt which everyone knows will kill you where you stand. Then about a week into the sugar free thing I realized I was cracking out on raisins because they were filling that sweet void. So I cut them out too. No big deal, I just stopped buying them. Now I'm on day 8 of being dried fruit free as well. Pretty awesome.

I'm not sure I can say I have tons more energy like I could when I cut out the grains and dairy, but maybe my body hasn't acclimated yet. Either way, I'm not MORE tired, and I'm doing myself a great service in the long run, so I'm going to stick with it.

Also, I've noticed I'm much more able to taste the natural and subtle nuances of food when I'm not blanketing it with salt. Real Food. All by itself. Tastes GOOD! Who knew?!

ROCK!

*******UPDATE*******

My biochem test screamed for mercy. I destroyed it anyway.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment